Health Services Traineeship
ConocoPhillips and Charles Darwin University have developed a Health Services Traineeship for an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cohort. This is a comprehensive, 20 week program that involves 12 weeks of classroom time at CDU, and eight weeks of practical on-the-job training. Participants will receive a wage for the duration of the program. Once all competencies have been achieved, participants will obtain a Certificate III in Individual Support, and ideally, will secure full time employment with the host employer. A Certificate III in Individual Support enables participants to work in aged and disability care, areas that are of high need in the NT.
There are no minimum admission requirements however applicants who wish to commence this course need to have the required skills and knowledge to undertake the qualification at this level e.g. completion of Year 10 or equivalent and a general command of spoken and written English to be able to meet industry standards for communication.
The selected participants will meet the following criteria:
· Willing to take on the 20 week training program and full-time work as part of the work placement component,
· Evidence of managing responsibility in the workplace, home or community,
· Can obtain Police clearance and OCHRE card
· Completion of year 10 (desirable)
· Ability and willingness to undertake shift work during work placement (if applicable)
· Access to own transport, or willingness to arrange suitable transport, to and from work placement location
There are 15 positions are available, and we strongly encourage applications from the Larrakia community. Applications are now open and will close Friday 25 January 2019. An information session will be held at CDU on Wednesday 16 January 2019. The program will commence on Monday 18 February 2019.
Please contact Amelia Seipel at CDU if you have any questions on 8980 0600, email: email@example.com or Jess Ong, External Relations Advisor ConocoPhillips 8919 1808, email: Jessica.Ong@contractor.conocophillips.com