Building a productive onshore gas industry that protects our unique environment and delivers local jobs
Update on Implementation It has been a little over a month since the release of the Implementation Plan for the recommendations of the Scientific Inquiry into Hydraulic Fracturing in the Northern Territory.
The six major reform areas are focused on the priority areas of:
• strengthening regulation;
• ensuring industry is accountable for its practices;
• safeguarding water and the environment;
• respecting community and culture;
• maximising the benefits and opportunities available to local businesses and communities; and
• ensuring planning for future development.
Agencies responsible for implementation actions continue to progress program planning to deliver the recommendations as outlined in the Plan.
Read full bulletin here