Attendees gain an appreciation of the geological, technical and economic aspects of the industry, features of the onshore and oﬀshore environments, as well as the exploration, development and production phases. The seminars oﬀer an invaluable opportunity to understand the key characteristics and global context of Australia’s oil and gas industry, and come to grips with its key concepts and terminology.
These seminars will be delivered nationally and facilitated by Curtin University’s Adjunct Professor Peter Moore and University of Adelaide’s Associate Professor Steve Mackie.
Delegates will gain an understanding in:
- Background information and the global context of Australia’s oil and gas industry
- Geological, technical and economic aspects of the industry
- Features of the onshore and offshore environments
- The exploration, development and production phases of oil and gas
- Key concepts and terminology
2019 Seminar series dates and locations
- Brisbane – Tuesday 26 February
- Perth – Thursday 21 March
- Darwin – Tuesday 26 March
- Brisbane – Monday 27 May (APPEA Conference 27-30 May)
- Canberra – Tuesday 13 August
- Melbourne – Tuesday 17 September
- Brisbane – Tuesday 8 October
- Perth – Thursday 10 October
Further details available here: https://www.appea.com.au/event/intro-to-oil-gas-industry-seminars/
APPEA Members rates available for ECNT members - contact the office.