- The NT Onshore Gas Support Industry – Statement of Capacity is now available in hardcopy
- This report supports the NT Gas Service and Supply Plan which was released in March (link here: https://business.nt.gov.au/publications/strategies/gas-service-and-supply-plan)
- The Service and Supply Plan aims to maximise opportunities for NT service and supply businesses in the oil and gas sector, and will help businesses adapt to the dual impacts of the oil price shock and COVID-19.
- The Plan has three key focus areas:
1) Strengthen the commitment to local content by gas operators and contractors
2) Grow local workforce and business capability
3) Strategically develop the service and supply ecosystem
- This Statement of Capacity is a significant step towards delivering opportunities for the NT service and supply sector.
- The NT Onshore Gas Industry Statement of Capacity:
- Is a forward-looking assessment of the potential demands of an onshore shale gas industry in the NT,
- identifies the capacity of the NT service and supply sector to meet the needs of a future NT shale gas industry, and
- identifies gaps in capacity and opportunities for NT businesses to work proactively to prepare for a future onshore shale gas industry.
- A corresponding offshore industry statement of capacity will be released shortly, which has measured actual operational spend on the LNG projects serviced out of Darwin Harbour and the potential for NT companies to compete for a greater slice of the service and supply pie.
- The Northern Territory Government remains committed to achieving its visions for a world-class gas production, manufacturing and services hub by 2030.
For more information, contact:
Principal Industry Development Officer, DTBI
m: +61 436 613 179